We’re a scrappy, news and analytic start up, completely obsessed with national and global security issues. If you wake up thinking about whether anti-ISIS strategies are doing any good, or if the CIA really has a program called ‘Treadstone’, we’re probably gonna like each other. OK, probably kidding about the ‘Treadstone’ thing, but a healthy dose of both curiosity and creativity are excellent things to have.
Our news site is dedicated to creating intelligent meaningful conversation with security experts from both the public and private sector. We interview the best and brightest minds who have led Intelligence Agencies or spent entire careers working undercover. We don’t have time for politics. After all, there’s a world that needs to be saved.
You can help by joining our dynamic team of start up experts. We’re a start up, which means there is enormous opportunity for growth, and we have awesome benefits like healthcare and the opportunity to own a piece of what you grow.
Let’s talk. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking for an experienced and motivated Web Design Associate to create clean and sophisticated user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for artful design and possess superior user interface design skills.
Here’s what we can offer the right candidate:
- The typical start up dream, complete with routine chaos and rewards for innovative thinking
- A swanky Georgetown location, (with exposed brick walls, of course)
- The opportunity to share in a part of what you build
Here’s your part:
- An appropriate ‘find a way to yes’ attitude
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to changes going live
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to leadership and news requirements
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards and maintain site appearance by enforcing content and display standards
- Proven work experience as a web designer; experience with Drupal and PHP strongly preferred
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in applicable fields
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of national security news issues
Oh, one more thing: The Cipher Brief values its diverse team of entrepreneurs and we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and to creating an inclusive work environment. We want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.