We’re a scrappy, news and analytic start up, completely obsessed with national and global security issues. If you wake up thinking about whether anti-ISIS strategies are doing any good, or if the CIA really has a program called ‘Treadstone’, we’re probably gonna like each other. OK, probably kidding about the ‘Treadstone’ thing, but a healthy dose of both curiosity and creativity are excellent things to have.
Our news site is dedicated to creating intelligent meaningful conversation with security experts from both the public and private sector. We interview the best and brightest minds who have led Intelligence Agencies or spent entire careers working undercover. We don’t have time for politics. After all, there’s a world that needs to be saved.
You can help by joining our dynamic team of start up experts. We’re a start up, which means there is enormous opportunity for growth, and we have awesome benefits like healthcare and the opportunity to own a piece of what you grow.
Let’s talk. Send your resume to: email@example.com.
We live in a complex and evolving security landscape. The Cipher Brief helps you figure out how to navigate it and what it means. We are a young, innovative digital media platform that focuses on high-level National Security analysis and reporting. The Cipher Brief has become the go to source for the most credible, expert perspectives on national and global security issues.
If you are an Account Executive with a passion for National Security Media, and are looking to join a team of fast moving high performers, and are innovative with a talent for consultative sales and achieving growth, then we want to speak with you.
- Develops and grow sales pipeline through prospecting, networking and account development (in a specific territory) to meet and/or exceed goals
- Sell B2B/B2G advertising campaigns and sponsorship packages to partner companies seeking to reach Fortune 500, government, military and defense markets involved in global security
- Uses a consultative approach with clients to assist in optimizing brand messages, thought-leadership opportunities and event participation/sponsorships
- Develop strategies and campaigns, based on the needs of the client, and presents them in proposal format to achieve new business goals
- Manage campaigns/programs from beginning to end including but not limited to creation, delivery and execution of contracts/insertion orders, collection of needed deliverables from both internal stakeholders and clients, POC for client on all matters related to campaigns/programs
- Update client information in CRM and generate weekly sales reports for submission to management
- Hunter mentality
- Experience in consultative selling and program/campaign development
- Strong awareness of key media metrics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Creativity, solutions-orientation, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaborative spirit, with the ability to coordinate across a cross-functional, high-performing team
We're currently recruiting for Washington DC, New York, Atlanta and the West Coast.
Oh, and one more thing: The Cipher Brief values its diverse team of entrepreneurs, and we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and creating an inclusive work environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.