The Cipher Careers
Social Media Manager
We’re are looking for an experienced and motivated Social Media Manager to help raise brand awareness, engage with our readers and help The Cipher Brief contribute to the online conversation about issues of global security.
This role involves setting measurable goals and monitoring the growth, engagement and effectiveness across TCB’s social channels. We want someone who has ideas about how to write- and re-write- tweets or posts so they can draw in potential readers who have not heard about TCB.
- Lead TCB’s social media efforts by creating a strategy that will help our community grow and help us understand our readers’ wants & needs
- Plan, monitor, strengthen, and maintain presences on TCB’s key social media channels (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram)
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends to identify the most effective direction, application, and strategic technology and outreach practices for meeting identified communications goals.
- Review and analyze data from TCB’s social media marketing and measurement services; set goals based on the current data; and use data to formulate strategies that increase engagement and exposure for all of TCB’s social media outlets.
- Monitor breaking news and the online security conversation to make recommendations on how TCB can contribute its current and former content to that discussion.
- Sound editorial judgment and an understanding of TCB’s journalism and storytelling to determine brand-appropriate approach to TCB’s social channels.
- Expert knowledge of all major social media platforms including publishing and analytics
- Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively
- Excellent web editorial and copy writing skills and a strong grasp of the visual web
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Knowledge/familiarity with the national security space is preferred
Director of Business Development
We live in a complex and evolving security landscape. The Cipher Brief helps you figure out how to navigate it and what it means. Our young company has quickly evolved as the go-to voice for high-level analysis and reporting on global security news. Our amazing staff, network of experts and global contributors offer unmatched perspective on national and global security issues that impact readers around the world.
We’re growing and are looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Business Development to help manage and grow long-lasting relationships with corporate sponsors who share an interest in global security.
Here’s what we can offer the right candidate:
- The typical start up dream, complete with incredible growth opportunity and rewards for innovative thinking
- The opportunity to share in a part of what you build
Here’s your part:
- Exceptional leadership and sales experience
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Maximize revenue opportunities and exceed monthly sales goals for TCB digital advertisement, sponsorship and events.
- Identify strategic partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
- Lead sales and product development meetings.
- Create strategic sales plans
- Target new accounts and clients for the full range of TCB products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of national security news issues
Your skills and experience:
- Experienced media sales executive with well-developed industry contacts
- 5-7 years of advertising sales experience with an eye toward where the market is headed, not just where it’s been
- A demonstrated ability to generate revenue-producing networks of contacts and sales leads
- A proven track record for understanding online media sales and metrics
Oh, one more thing: The Cipher Brief values its diverse team of entrepreneurs and we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and to creating an inclusive work environment. We want to hear from you.
Let’s talk. Send your resume to: email@example.com.